Having stomach pain. Normal Sonography and endoscopy reports. What else could it be?

I am 41 year old female
I have pain in the stomach - 1 inch above navel .
It occurs intermittently and lasts for 2 hrs and goes away .
this is happening for last 4 months
Sonography and endoscopy reports are normal hence i am not uploading.
Pain comes after every day or two days and it is NOT a severe pain
Doctors cannot give any definite reason and no medicine has worked till now .
Can you please suggest remedy
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 25 minutes later
Dear XXXX,

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic.'

Intermittent peri-umblical pain means it is a small intestinal pain meaning that the disease causing pain appears to be in small intestine.

I am not sure what endoscopy has been done on you. If only upper endoscopy has been done, then you may also need a lower endoscopy / colonoscopy. Ultrasound is generally normal in case of small intestinal diseases. A CECT scan of abdomen will be better.

If even after these investigations the cause is not found and the pain continues to trouble you then you may undergo an enetroscopy, which is endoscopy of small intestines.

Similar pain can sometimes be there due to worm infestation. If you have not taken deworming medicines then you should take these on weekly basis for 3 weeks.

Meanwhile you can take some anti-spasmodic medicines for symptomatic relief of the pain.

Hope my suggestions help you.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal