Having stomach pain. Had hemorrhoids. Been through menopause. Help?

This afternoon I got a terrible stomach ache like I needed to have a bowel movement. Well it came like laxatives involved. My stomach continued to cramp and after a while I noticed that the stuff had a red tent to it. Now it is nothing but blood. I feel like I am having a period with champs and everything but it's coming out of the wrong place. I went been through menopause at around 45, I'll be 61 in August. I don't have insurance and will not go to a hospital. I just want to know what this could possibly be. I've had hemorrhoids occasionally but don't think that's it. Today I had two eggs with bacon. I also had a cup of instant coffee with non-dairy cream that had been left out over night and re-refrigerated and some whipped cream that had also been left out of the refrigerator. After this had been going on for a while, I had a few sips of a diet coke decided that would make me have to go again but I did eat almost a whole chocolate blizzard a few hours ago. Never had any surgeries for anything, have high blood pressure. My mother died at the age of 70 following a stroke and my father died when I was three from a heart attack which he probably would have survived today. That's all I can think to tell you. I swear I still feel like I'm on my period...weird. I'm not proofing this so please excuse poor grammar.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 56 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I can understand the trouble you are facing.

Based on your description, I feel the symptoms could be related to dysentry. This is an intestinal infection - one of the important and commonest condition that presents with crampy abdominal pain, increased bowel movements and blood stained stools. A stool examination can be an useful test to confirm the possibility. A course of antibiotics is entailed if stool examination reveal bacterial infections.

I understand you are anxious. The symptoms do not sound to be sinister. You can try probiotics and zinc supplements. Yogurt can be helpful.

You can consider visiting your local physician and getting the stool test done.

Hope this helps. Continue to ask further queries.