Having stomach pain. Done with all test available. What could be the reason?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have stomach pain for 2 years on and of I visited like 10 doctor I did most of the test available and the doctors don't no whats really wrong
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 4 hours later
Possibly you are suffering from an irritable bowel syndrome. An illness with increased intestinal sensitivity causing pain. But before this is confirmed it is worthwhile getting your basic tests and some specialized tests like an CT scan and some other tests like serum calcium, porphobilinogen done if indicated.
If your doctor thinks your symptoms are like an irritable bowel syndrome worthwhile modifying you life style to regular exercising, regular eating sleeping habits and optimization of your weight.
In addition also some medications are known to help which may reduce pain in long term. Also in addition if you have some additional anxiety worthwhile getting it evaluated and treated if needed from a concerned specialty.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Having stomach pain. Done with all test available. What could be the reason? 4 minutes later
I did a ct scan its normal I eat good Iam 190 pounds last year I was 230 I drop to 173 and got back up to 190 I don't have an appetite to eat that's y I lost the wight but how Iam eating but still have abdominal pain I did an endoscopy a liver test all blood work and still not finding the problem my doctor said I have a small hernia but it wouldint hurt me and every morning when I wake up I have a lot if gas and stomoch pain and I keep burping I have to like tilt my self to burp or rub my stomach

And one more thing the pain will be a lot worst when my stomach is empty sometimes when I eat it goes away

Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 14 hours later
Thank you for the query.
Your symptoms suggest dyspepsia / good sleep, some more weight reduction, de stressing, healthy eating habits, daily exercise will help a lot. Also worthwhile taking some mild de stressing medications after consulting your gastroenterologist which are known to help in dyspepsia.
Also do not sleep two hours after meals.
Hope this answers your query. Wish you a speedy recovery.