Having stomach illness. Feel like throwing up and occasionally wretch. Having constipation. Suggest

Hi I'm XXXXX and i'm 22 years old, i seemingly get stomach illnesses more frequently than any other illness ( i'd say approximately once or twich every couple of months) i always seem to gag to the point of throwing up most when brushing my teeth and occasionally wretch randomly and quite frequently my stools vary between constipation and diarrhea is there anything you can suggest to stop this?
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Since you had acid reflux earlier,I feel you have mild acid reflux and may be there is some associated element of mild irritable bowel syndrome.
Occasional Throwing up of vomiting while brushing could be because of taking your brush far inside your mouth resulting in gagging.
Since your complaints are not major,I would want to you to do following and see the response.
Take some proton pump inhibitor like pantoprozole 40 mg empty stomach in morning for 3-4 weeks.
Avoid eating late in night.
Avoid consuming alcohol.
Take more of fresh fruits and green vegetables.
Take yoghurt as it a probiotic.
You can take some probiotic capsules for 3-4 weeks
Avoid spicy and greasy food.
Drink plenty of water.
Start doing regular exercises in morning.
A think you should settle with this.
However if you don't improve with these some lifestyle changes or if your symptoms
worsen,then it would be best to consult a gastroenterologist for his assessment.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck