Having stomach and pelvic pain after eating. Stool, urine and blood test normal. Feeling constipated. Guide

hello, I have had stomach problems on and off for years. This episode started 3 weeks ago, stomach and pelvic pain. I have had stool, urine and blood test (basic and beta) all have come back within range. The pain occurs after i eat mostly. Crampy, dull, sharp and burning pain. It hurts bad that I curl into a ball. I had a pelvi ultrasound which looked normal.I was given t3 for pain at the hospital and follow appointment with my dr on Monday.I get diaherrea intermittently and right now I am a bit constipated, my stools are on the hard side and my last bowel movement was yesterday morning. I ve had a low grade fever for 3 days now, temp between 37.4-37.6
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
GI upset

Detailed Answer:
The kind of burning,crampy pain that usually occurs after meals is very distinctive of peptic ulcer. It occurs to the irritation of the raw area on the stomach or deudenum after eating. The first order of business is to rule out the possibility of an ulcer. The confirmation test for that is an endoscopy and examination. Other possibilities of the pain are colitis, Inflammatory bowel disease , gas. Since you have a low grade fever, you possibly have a foci of infection somewhere in the body. Since the fever is mild, at present there is no need for antibiotics. Cold sponging will help.
In case of an ulcer, its important that you take minimal amount of drugs like painkillers, antibiotics, antipyretics etc. Going on a empty stomach for hours increases risk of ulcers. Keep the doctor's appointment of Monday and get examined. Further tests like an endoscopy,colonoscopy and ultrasound may need to be done. MEANWHILE,
Avoid smoking,alcohol, caffeine, painkillers, esp on an empty stomach. Take syrup sucralfate 3 tsp before meals. Drink plenty of water. You can take otc antacids if you have pain again. Eat small meals at regular intervals. Avoid empty stomach for long periods of time.
Follow-up: Having stomach and pelvic pain after eating. Stool, urine and blood test normal. Feeling constipated. Guide 9 hours later
It occurs in my lower abdomen as well, can this occur througout the stomach? I had mucus stools last week, loose bowel and now more constipated with no energy. They did stool sample , blood test which came back within range would an ulscer have shown on those tests?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ulcer wouldnt show on a stool test

Detailed Answer:

Ulcer wont show on a stool examination. Mucus in stool can occur due to infection as well as dietary changes. Any infection would have shown up in the stool examination. Colitis may have been a cause for that. However, the pain from any peptic ulcer after food should differ from lower abdominal crampy pain associated with bowel movement. No reason they can occur together. That is why endoscopy should be done.

Thank you
Would inflammitory bowel disease or inflammitory bowel syndrome show up on stool sample or blood test?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not necessarily

Detailed Answer:
Ibs also may not show on the stool examination. Its a visual diagosis. It can be confirmed by colonoscopy or biopsy. Its possible in two forms and identification criteria are distinctive. I suggest you see your doctor for examination and further testing. Avoid caffeine, spicy food, alcohol.