Having stomach ache, slight fever, body pain and constipation. What cure and treatment should be done?

having stomach ache,not feeling urge to eat,slight fever,body pain,motions is not clear..means i feel like going to toilet but then nothing comes out.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting query.

Your symptoms cluster of stomachaches, anorexia, slight fever and constipation mostly suggest sub acute intestinal tract obstruction.

Secondly, dyspepsia with constipation gives rise to G.I tract infection and can give rise to symptoms like that.

Colitis is a possibility too.

Please do an urgent straight X-ray upper abdomen to rule out intestinal tract obstruction. So please visit your physician or any hospital emergency as soon as possible and get the imaging done to exclude intestinal tract obstruction.

If obstruction rule out and you have normal straight X-ray abdomen then you need to carry some blood routine investigations (like routine hemogram to rule out infection, a USG whole abdomen (to detect any pathology in the abdomen).

You can take a PPI (Like omeprazole), a fluroquinolone antibiotic (available on prescription by a doctor), plenty of water (at least 4-5 liters/day), plenty of vegetables, a laxative at night.
Investigations to be done and medicines to be taken based on your physician advice.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion, rate the answer, and please write a review.

Wish you good health.

Dr Sourav Ganguly