Having stomach ache and gaining weight. What is causing this?

I have been having pain in my stomach for two weeks, it feel like the wind has been knocked out of me and nothing seems to help also iv been gain weight for no apparent reason, what could this be!!
Posted Mon, 27 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You have mentioned the details of your symptoms and exact location of pain. However still the most common cause of the stomach pain is the hypersecretion of the peptic acid from the stomach wall that damages the stomach wall and causes severe pain. The high acid levels inturns increases the digestion thus causing weight gain.

Such symptoms are caused mostly due to use of fatty and junk foods and foods with high spicy contents. Therefore it is recommended to avoid such diet. You can use antacids and omeprazole for pain relief.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask