Having stomach ache and bowel movement after eating. Suggest some treatment

General Surgeon
stomach and bowel problemsI have been have problems with my stomach and bowels. When ever I eat soon after I get really bad stomach pains and must go to the toilet to pass waste which is also painful. I had this problem for 2months and have lost about a a stone and a half. losing a stone the 1st month alone. I am also feeling really tried most of the time but when I go to sleep I'm only asleep for 4hrs at the most and sometimes wake up sweating really bad.
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 8 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms may be caused by many digestive tract diseases including severe bacterial infection, food allergy, fistula between small and large intestine, pancreas disease, colon cancer and many more. As you can see it is very hard to tell what are you dealing with without any tests. Your tired feeling can be caused by anemia which is quite often associating with digestive tract diseases symptom.
Weight lost is a very bad symptoms. It is advisable for you to visit your doctor as soon as possible. Abdominal ultrasound, fool blood work with liver and pancreas tests, stool tests should be performed. Colonoscopy and abdominal CT with contrast may be necessary.
Please do not neglect your symptoms and visit your doctor.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Having stomach ache and bowel movement after eating. Suggest some treatment 2 hours later
in what sence is weight loss a very bad symptom?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 hours later

Weight loss means that something serious is going on with your body. When such symptom appears, medical attention is necessary as soon as possible. It can also be only because of lack of apeptite, however it should not be neglected.

Hope this will help.