Having stomach ache. Not cured by omeprazole. Should I go to the emergency room?

Sep 2012

I have real bad stomach pain for 10 years, I've been on omeprazole 40 ml and it doesn't work. it's a real bad burning pain and I just have to lay down. Should I go to the emergency room?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 9 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Look, your description indicates possibility of gastric ulcer disease.

Now, for this acute pain, you need oxetacaine and sucralfate solution. If this solution does not give any relief within 10 to 15 minutes, then you have to be treated meticulously to prevent any further disease progression.

It would be better to go to emergency room. Because you need a detailed clinical examination. If clinically required, intravenous pantoprazole group of drug should be considered.

So, you should go to the emergency room.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.