Having stabbing pain in upper back between shoulder blade and back. What this could be?

Spine Surgeon
Hi about two weeks ago I started with a stabbing pain in my upperback between my shoulder blades but going all across the back. Its now oved round to the front clavicle and feels like a lump or swelling which is tender to touch and causing discomfort. do you have any idea what this could be?
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 3 hours later

Based on your description, it could be a muscle ache or costochondritis (inflammation at the rib attachment to sternum). Both these condition can cause such pain.

I would like to know the exact location of tender point? - Is it on the collar bone or in the midline along the sternum?

Usually anti-inflammatory medicine - oral such as ibuprofen and topical gel applicants- helps. You may try them.

Hope this helps. If you have any other concerns, I will be available to address them.