Having stabbing almost kidney stone or contraction like pain in abdomen with lower back pain. Cause?

Infertility Specialist
Question
I have been having severe stabbing almost kidney stone or contractions like pain in my left side lower abdomen. Lower back pain not severe. Been going on for 8 days. It comes on real hard stops for maybe 3-5 seconds and starts again. I have vomited because of the severe pain. Bowel movements no change. I had endrometrial ablation in 2009 so i do not get my period. I ahve notice this happens every three months. I have gone to hospital before but they found nothing. Could it be my ovaries or my body trying to release eggs that are not there anymore.
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
renal stones

Detailed Answer:
Hi , thanks for your query. The pain could also be due to renal stones. It is unlikely to be due to ovaries. I suggest you get ultrasound scan of abdomen to check renal stones. Please get back to me with reports. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol Koregol

Follow-up: Having stabbing almost kidney stone or contraction like pain in abdomen with lower back pain. Cause? 12 hours later
Thank you very much. Never heard of them before. What causes renal stones?

Brief Answer:
calcium

Detailed Answer:
calcium deposition over long time in urinary tract causes them . You had history of spur. Hence you are even more susceptible. Get ultrasound scan to check. Regards

Follow-up: Having stabbing almost kidney stone or contraction like pain in abdomen with lower back pain. Cause? 13 minutes later
thank you ialso had calcium based kidney stones when i was 23. thansk so much

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
please write review

Detailed Answer:
Hi, this explains your increased chances of having stones again. I suggest get an ultrasound for the same. Please accept my answer and write a review. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol