Having spotting, stopped clomid. Having high level of testosterone. What to do?

I have been spotting for 2 weeks off and on took a break from my clomid this month. Ive been on clomid for 5 months before this. Is,this a sign that clomid is thinning my uterus? I have an extreemly high level of testosterone 97 will the metformin and clomid really help me sence my level is so high?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

What were your cycles like before your went on the clomid?
How old are you?
Have you ever been pregnant before?

Please answer!
Follow-up: Having spotting, stopped clomid. Having high level of testosterone. What to do? 9 minutes later
My cycles were verry irregular before clomid. I am 31 last year i took 2 cycles of clomid and got preg 2 times 1 ectopic 1 misscarrage i had laprocopic surgery aprox an inch from my uterus no luck these 5 straight cycles ive gained 50 lbs in 5 minths. i did keep my tube as well
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 59 minutes later
Given the weight gain, elevated testosterone, cycle irregularity and infertility issues, you likely have been diagnosed with something called PCOS. You are probably familiar with this problem, as the chances of pregnancy are improved in PCOS when you combine clomid with metformin.

The problem is that:
1. You are having irregular bleeding
2. You have been on the clomid for 5 months without success
3. You obviously have tubal disease (given the prior ectopic) and the remaining tube might just not work correctly.

It is time to seek an opinion from a fertility specialist. You need re-assessment of your remaining tube and a realistic discussion of whether additional rounds of clomid are going to be successful (unlikely) or whether your best chance at getting pregnant will involve IVF. I am sorry about your prior loss and difficulty!

I hope that this helps and good luck!