Having spotting, pain in leg and back. Feeling lump inside vagina. What are the risks?

Well I felt a lump inside my vagina and I have a like death smell oder in there ,and what could it mean. lve been spotting and having leg ,and back pain
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Juhi 24 minutes later
Hello dear,

At your age spotting can occur from cervix or uterus, and less likely from vagina. I need to know a few more things.

1) Is this spotting related to periods in any way or does it occur completely randomly?
2) Does spotting occur after intercourse?
3) Are you menstruating of have you attained menopause?
4) Do you have discharge off and on or is it just blood?

From the history that you have given, there are many possibilities like chronic cervicitis or cervical dysplasia. Premalignant changes of cervix are often associated with back pain and foul smelling discharge.

These premalignant changes of cervix or chronic cervicitis are completely curable.

Kindly tell me the details I have asked you above, then I'll be able to guide you better.

Till then take care.
Dr. Juhi
Follow-up: Having spotting, pain in leg and back. Feeling lump inside vagina. What are the risks? 8 hours later
No the spotting is not period related ,its about a two week after.its .its not there after intercourse I get cramping after intercourse, I am not in menopausal yet I get a lot of discharge to the whole month, spot in here in there thanks
Answered by Dr. Juhi 10 hours later
Hello dear,

Its good news that the spotting does not occur after intercourse. Most likely you have chronic cervicitis or low grade dysplasia of cervix.

You need to consult a gynaecologist. Get a gynaecologic examination done. Doctor will take a pap smear and do colposcopy. According to the results of these tests doctor may go for cervical biopsy. She may also give you an antibiotic course before or after the pap smear.

It is important that you visit the doctor and do not delay it. Meanwhile maintain good local hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions, I'll be glad to answer. Otherwise please close the query and rate the answer.
Dr. Juhi