Having spots, told as lesions. Is it STD and is it curable ?

yes having question to what these spots are, i asked before and was told lesions, but i want a second opinion. is it an std? if so what is, curable? im still currently married and have only had unprotected sex with her. I was told possibly the hair folicals could be cloged with oils
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
The lesions in the photographs are likely to be herpes if these are associated with pain, redness with lot of itching. It generally presents with group of lesions, multiple in number. It is associated with fever, body pain as constitutional symptoms.
If the other symptoms are present, then please do not worry. It is curable with adequate and timely treatment.
The other possibility is of prominent sebaceous glands or Fordyce's spots- these usually do not need any treatment.
A direct examination by dermatologist will confirm the diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Having spots, told as lesions. Is it STD and is it curable ? 9 hours later
theres no itching, no pain, no fever, no body pain. with these. If these are sebaceous glands or fordyce's spots how do both these occur? are they brought on by sweating a lot? what are the treatments that done to treat these as well
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If there are no other symptoms then these lesions are not likely to be due to herpes.
For removal of sebaceous glands or fordyce's spots, vaporising laser treatments such as CO2 laser or electro desiccation have been used with some success if they are of cosmetic concern. However, I consider this a normal physiological phenomenon and advise against treatment. Laser treatment can often leave significant scarring.

I suggest you not to worry about this condition. If you are still concerned about cosmetic appearance I advise you to consult a dermatologist and show your spots. Direct examination and seeing the spots by the doctor will help in accurate diagnosis.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.