Having speech problems after an accident. CT scan shows meningioma. Need suggestion

Hi I have 7 weeks ago very big car accident .The air bags blow up ,even the blelt make me many bruses. Next day I star to have problem with speeach . I'm mix up the words ,like I was thinking I say blue I say white. Becouse of some problems the doctor send me to do CT Head.The resoult show that I have meningioma. I never has a cheadache ,sizer,orv any symptoms for meningioma. Just after the accident I have cheadache and mixing the words. Can this be from car accident or now?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 hours later
Brief Answer: May be because of the car accident Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Meningioma is a slowgrowing benign tumor and is found in many healthy individuals when CT scan is done for some other reason. It is unlikely to cause sudden onset speech problems or other symptoms. May be these are due to trauma of the accident. It may be too subtle to be picked up by CT. A MRI may be able to pick it up. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.