Having soreness in arm, metallic taste in mouth and chest tightness. Taken phentermine diet pill. Concerns?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
I'm having soreness in my upper left arm, a faint metallic taste in my mouth & slight chest tightness.. I have also recently started taken phentermine diet pill but I have never had this sypmtom before?.. Concerns?
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 27 minutes later
Dear Kassjdot,
Thank you for your query. Phentermine works by reducing your appetite and does have quite a few side-effects although most of these are minor.
One of the commoner side-effects is an unpleasant taste in your mouth. It isn't commonly known to cause the other 2 symptoms you are experiencing. However, it can cause agitation which may manifest itself as slight chest tightness.
Alternatively, your chest tightness and arm soreness may be unrelated to your medication but at your age of 28 they unlikely to indicate anything serious.
I hope this has reassured you. If you have any further questions regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact me.