Having sore tips on penis and burning sensation during urination. Could this some damage to urethra?

I have been having a sore tip of my penis in my urethra for about 4-5 days and burning during urination, I have been masturbating very frequently and for long times (1-2 times a day) and sometimes for 3 hrs at a time. I haven't had sex in over 6 months so std's aren't a big concern, could this be due to stress/damage to the urethra?
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Guru 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: May not be due to stress Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! Your symptoms of soreness at tip of penis and burning sensation during urination may be due to urinary tract infection or due to minor trauma that might have occurred. Firstly, I suggest you to undergo complete urine examination to exclude urinary tract infection. Meantime, I advise you to drink good amount of water. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!
Follow-up: Having sore tips on penis and burning sensation during urination. Could this some damage to urethra? 5 minutes later
What are the main causes of a uti and what is the traditional treatment
Answered by Dr. Guru 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for follow up! Normally, some bacteria live in the large intestine of gut wall which do not cause any harm when present there. However, these when enter into urinary tract through transmission from feces can cause UTI. Treatment for UTI includes usage of sensitive antibiotic course. Usual, casual organism of UTI is E.Coli. Treatment is simple and no need to worry. Wish you good health!