Having sore throat, swollen glands stiff neck and cough. Trouble while swallowing. Should I be worried?

Hi, I have had a sore throat, swollen glands and stiff neck for about 10 days. I've also developed a cough in the last few days. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and started antibiotics on Wednesday and there has been no change. I am having trouble swallowing and today have noticed that the roof of my mouth is swollen. Should I be worried?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 33 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Have you consulted an ENT specialist or a General practitioner?

As you are taking antibiotics since Wednesday, but there is no improvement, rather you have developed swelling of roof of mouth also, you should consult an ENT specialist at your earliest.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,