Having sore throat and noticed white spots on the back of the tongue. What could this be?

I had a mild sore throat 4 weeks ago and a fever of 101 for one day. I had mild chills on and off for 2 days. Ithen felt i had a could for the following 2 weeks and for a fer days had gonk when I blew my nose. For the last two weeks i have had about 2 coughing spells a day with lots of phelm coming from post nasel drip. It is cliudy and I spit it into kleenex. The first day I felt ill the was one white spot on the back of my throat. Not there are white spots on the back of my toung. It is mildly sensative but not really sore or hurting.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Throat infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query From the description you have given it looks like you are suffering from a throat infection. Most often the white spots are caused by a fungal infection. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Visit a physician and get yourself examined. You will need to be treated with antifungal agents for 1 to 2 weeks depending on the progression. I also suggest you to get complete blood count and random blood sugar checked 2. Gargle with Betadine gargles, it will help fight the infection faster. Some patients dont like the taste of betadine, in that case warm salt water gargling will also help 3.Avoid milk and milk products, cold food and beverages. I hope I was of, if you have any further queries please get back to me. If possible I would like you to upload the photo of your throat. I wish you good health and a speedy recovery Regards