Having sore throat and chest after cleaning. Could I have inhaled some of the cleaning product?

Question
Was cleaning earlier and now I have a sore throat and chest. Could I have inhaled some of the cleaning product and should I be worried?
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

Some cleaning agents emit vapors and cause congestion in the nostrils, throat and oral cavity. This is very temporary and most time subside in a night.

You can swoosh with cold water. You can drink as much water as possible. Do not use any more oral cleansing agents or mouth wash. You should be fine in a day or two.

Thank you and if you do not have any more queries you can close this discussion.

Follow-up: Having sore throat and chest after cleaning. Could I have inhaled some of the cleaning product? 2 hours later
I was cleaning my kitchen and the cleaning product was a spray for cleaning a worktop. I wasn't cleaning my mouth.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later
Sorry I think I did not explain you well. I know you did not clean the mouth with the cleaning agent.

I was asking you to clean your mouth by gargling with cold water and not oral rinser. Because oral rinsers add to the burning.

I am sure there is no need to worry.