Having sore throat. Partner has swollen uvula. Tested positive for strept B during pregnancy. Had oral sex. Help?

Feb 2013

Hi. I have something that I need to ask, but embarrassed to ask my Doctor. I've been with my faithful partner for 15 years and at times, well.. Things can get heated in the bedroom. We often have oral sex and there are times it goes in an out of me and then oral sex is performed/ sometimes several times during sex. Now, I believe we both get infected by it... I tend get a sore throat within the same day and wake Up the next day sick as a dog- and it usually turns to pneumonia. Then there are times i get just strept thrOat. My husband on the other hand, gets a very swollen uvula. I just don't know what to think... One things that I've thought about is the fact that I tested positive for strept B during one of my pregnancies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

It seems you are getting frequent throat infections after oral sex.

There are chances of getting bacterial infections or throat irritation by doing oral sex after doing normal sex.

As the bacterial flora at vagina, penis, and oral cavity may be different, there are chances of getting infection with oral sex.

Another factors is friction, that will happen while doing oral sex may contribute to the colonization of bacterial in throat causing infection.

Gargling with salt water will relive the throat discomfort.

Now, as you are having sore throat, I advise you to for investigation with throat swab for gram stain, culture and sensitivity to know the organism.

A course of antibiotic may be required to treat the throat infection.

Therefore I advise you to consult the doctor for physical examination, for throat swab, and for medication advise.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.