Having sore throat. Diagnosed with bronchitis. On omnicef. Getting headache and ringing ear. Worried

Cardiologist, Interventional
I have been home from work since last tues with sore throat which turned into bronchitis as diagnosed by a doctor. He put me on omnicef and robutussin with codeine. At the doctors office last Wed, my blood pressure was 180/100. Doc said it could have to do with the illness. I have been checking my BP over the last few days and it is consistently averaging around 165/99. I also have a headache and ringing in my ears.
Should I go to the ER?
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 1 hour later

Yes, your Blood Pressure (BP) is definitely high and needs to be treated. And if it’s persistently elevated it is less likely to be related to your illness.

I don't see any need for you to go to the ER, but you need to visit your doctor’s office for an outpatient consultation and start treatment.

Headache and ringing is more likely related to your sinusitis than to BP.

Hope I have addressed your concerns. Let me know if you have other concerns.