Having sore ears, inflamed jaw and continuous pain in the ribs and shoulder. Pain in upper back area. Could I ask a doctor?

hi 6 months ago i began to get sore ears went to the doc who told me i have an inflammed jaw took voltaren a week later the pain was in the neck so went back and was told i dont know whats wrong i cant help you this was all on the left side, i went on holiday for three weeks and the pain went away i returned to work where i picked up a child and they hit there head on my neck on the right side and ever since then i have had continuous pain in the ribs shoulder and shoulder blade area(all on my left) my left shoulder blade was sticking out at one stage i now have pain over my upper back area and the pain in my neck is back and behind my earsm. i have been in physio for six months where i have had my ribs re aligned and released on numerous occasion and told i have over active muscles witch every time i use my left arm they move my shoulder blade and ribs out, my left shoulder blade rotates and moves around and my ribs keep moving and getting stuck. i am on light duties at work witch has not helped the pain any its still constant, I started a strengthening program 4 weeks ago as i was told i just need to get my strength up i have only been able to do it about 3 times as the pain got worse every time i done it. i have seen all the doctors in the medical centre as i live in a small town and been told every time i dont know whats wrong and i cant help you, i was wondering if i just need to give physio longer or something else needs done.
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs imaging investigations

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
Its quite certain that the problem is musculo-skeletal and the focus is either on the cervical spine area or the right shoulder. The trauma that you have described might have damaged the ligaments or cartilages of your right shoulder or cervical bones. The best way is to get an MRI scan of the shoulder with cervical vertebra and this should be the best in your case.
Physiotherapy is good, but if there is any torn ligament then surgical procedures need to be taken up.
It is certainly no medical condition and cannot get settled with medications. Surgery may most likely be indicated.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.