Having sore ear. Suspected for sinus. Not cured by medicine. What are the risks? Any suggestion?

I went in a hyperbaric chamber just over 2 weeks ago and my ears are still playing up. A bit sore and I can't seem to unblock them - the right one is worse. I have seen a Doctor and he said there is no ear infection and ear drum is okay. He thinks it is my sinus. I must admit I always get a problem when flying in aeroplanes. He told me to take sinus relief tablets. Have tried Sudafed for a week and it has done nothing. Also Horseradish Sinus Relief. They are still the same. I have tried all the usual things - like holding nose and blowing etc. What do you suggest? Thanks. By the way - I went in the Chamber because I have read it is very good for the skin and I get a lot of skin cancer.
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Although Hyperbaric chamber therapy has proved to be potentially safe and without side effects, more than 20% of people suffer from ear pain or discomfort as an expressions of problems in equalizing middle ear pressure. Patients with sensory deficit involving the ear region need special attention because it can lead to tympanic membrane rupture though it is extremely rare.
I am sure we’ll be able to take care of this problem. The following medications will help: XXXXXXX BICH- 30, 6 pills TDS
ACONITE -30 6 pills TDS
MULLEIN EAR DROPS -2 times daily
You will be all fine soon after starting these medicines.
Get well soon.
Follow-up: Having sore ear. Suspected for sinus. Not cured by medicine. What are the risks? Any suggestion? 2 hours later
Thank you Dr Panday

Ok I will try and see where I can get them here in Australia. That is great.

I am having a break from the Chamber for 3 weeks but really want to continue with it - the guy in charge says I should try the hyperbaric ear plugs. Do you think they might help?

Thanks, XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 7 hours later

You can find these medicine in Homoeopathic Pharmacy near by your place.
To continue chamber I would suggest you to wait until you get better. Ear plugs can be tried after you get better.

Thanks once again for your inquiry.