Having sore and red bumps on bum. Painful when touched with water. Looking for cure?

Hi I have a sore bum the to of the bum like when u see the bum crack just inside it stings and is red
It also stings when I put water on it
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It's important to keep in mind that he is in no way "dirty", gross, or "unclean",. I respect your bravery for posting this on his behalf. A lot of "bum" issues go unaddressed because of embarrassment or the fear of being thought of as a dirty person.
1) Sitz baths or a warm water bath (not hot), every evening and in the morning. Follow with air drying and your preferred choice from the treatments below.
2) use flushable diaper wipes, alcohol free, to clean after using the restroom. They can also be used to "freshen up" the sweat affected area.
3) you can try %1.0 hydrocortisone cream to reduce the redness and itching.
Alternatively, a mix of Desitin or A&D(for protection from moisture) and Nupercainal (pain relief) will work to both protect and numb his bum.
I also advice you to avoid eating spicy stuff as they can be responsible and if you have constipation issue that also be addressed.
I think you should be fine in day or two with the conservative approach but in case if symptoms persists i advice you to see surgeon for examination and to rule out anal fissure.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.