Having sore and itchy vagina. No redness or discharge. What to do?

I recently went on a 12 day vacation where I did a lot of walking and the toilet paper was rough. My vagina & anus got sore & itchy. It got better then I had sex yesterday (3 days after getting back & right after it got better). Now I'm itchy again but no redness or discharge.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 54 minutes later
Intense itching in the vagina is commonly encountered in two conditions ,
One is The Candidiasis (yeast), this does present with intense itching and foul smelling curdy discharge. It can be present without a discharge also. This condition can be easily treated with antifungals like Fluconazole.

The other possibility for such a problem is low estrogen levels leading to dryness in the vagina which stimulates the vaginal mucosa and cause itching.

Do get examined by a gynaecologist and ascertain the cause to get treated.
Meanwhile you can take an antihistaminic like Benadryl which will reduce the itching.
Also apply aloe vera gel on the area which will help in moisturizing and repairing the skin or mucosa.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.