Having solid bowel movement and frequently. Concerned?

I haven't had a solid bowel movement in weeks, and frequently having to go throughout the day - it's only 7AM in the morning and I have gone to the bathroom 3 times. I work out regularly, try to avoid carbs, etc. I typically have a sensitive stomach, and this happens once or twice, but it's going on over a month now, and it's getting more concerning rather than annoying. I don't have any changes in energy levels, or cramping.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It appears to be suffering from IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) since you don't have any alarming features. It has many causes like dysbiosis, increased motility of gastrointestinal tract etc. For this take a course of pre and probiotic, avoid dairy products and artificial sweetners, take syrup sucralfate two tsf twice a day (I find it very useful in my patients) and tablet rifaximin. If still not have solid bowel movements then take antisecretory agent like loperamide 2mg once in a day.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Having solid bowel movement and frequently. Concerned? 1 hour later

Thank you. Is Pre/Probiotic, syrup sucralfacte, rifaximim, and loperamide something that I can find anywhere?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes these are available everywhere

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Yes these are available everywhere and you can easily get them. If you do not have any further query , you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.