Having smelly vagina and vaginal discharge post delivery. What could be the reason?

Infertility Specialist
Ever since i had my second daughter, now 9months ago i have had a very smelly vagina and leak stuff i can only discribe as snot, any ideas what this is? XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later

I read your complaints and following are my comments:

1) The discharge you are describing could be probably due to vaginal infection with fungus. Please visit a gynecologist who will examine you and send the vaginal discharge for culture and sensitivity. Based on the sensitivity, your gynecologist will prescribe the appropriate antibiotic or antifungal for vaginal or oral route.

2) Another possibility could be small retained bits of placenta (very rare though) from your previous delivery. Afetr examination form your gynecologist, Please request for an ultrasound of uterus to rule our this possibility.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. If no more queries, please accept my answer and close this discussion.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol