Having smell stools. Feeling bloated. Ulcers?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi
I'm 27 male
My stool smells like iron/metal/blood? This is not constant. It has been today and a few times in the past. I think I seen small specks of red blood sometimes.One time I seen what I thought was a blood clot - I went to the doctor and he said it could be a piece of food - but it was red. I feel full often without eating - bloated. My mom has chrons. I had an upper gi series done (barium swallow) and lower gi series (barium enema) which showed an elongated colon and acid reflux nothing else. I am so worried. I sometimes think I have worms... ? What about ulcers? Please help me.This latest bad smelling stool came after a day of overeating. Do you think I have cancer? What tests should I have done? My CBC keeps showing elevated MPV and low platlets.
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 40 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
You are having dyspeptic symptoms. An upper GI endoscopy may be done for evaluating your symptoms. Ulcer disease is one of the possibilities.

Regarding the "doubtful" blood clot and worms a stool test may be done which would confirm the presence of blood and worm if they are present.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: Having smell stools. Feeling bloated. Ulcers? 9 hours later
So what should I ask my Doctor?
Ask for an upper GI endoscopy?
Do you think it is something serious?
Is an ulcer serious?

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 hours later
You should ask your doctor to do a upper GI endoscopy and stool test for you.
It does not appear to be a serious issue.
Ulcer is not serious. It can be cured with medications.

I hope that answers your question.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini