Having small spots on forehead and skin is peeling. Could it be due to sunburn or scab?

I have a small spot on my forehead at my hairline that has a recurring irritation (2x so far this year). It will appear as skin that just sort of peels off, then scabs over. It's about the size of a pencil eraser, doesn't hurt, doesn't itch. I thought it was peeling skin from sunburn, but i am confused by the scab.
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
Based on the information provided i think it may be be due to some trauma that you are unaware off or due to local contact dermatitis or seborrhoeic dermatitis.
You can try Emollients or moisturizers help keep the skin moist, and also help skin repair itself. They protect the skin from becoming inflamed again. Corticosteroid skin creams or ointments may reduce inflammation and if it occurs due to exposure to sun i advice you to use sun screen when ever you are out.
As you have mentioned it has occurred only twice and you don't have any itching or pain i don;t think it is anything serious but it will be good if you see dermatologist for examination and for exact diagnosis. It is better to see the doctor when the localized lesion is present.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.