Having small red spots all over body. Suggest some home treatment

Hi, There have been lot of small small red spots from past few days on all over my body,specially back and thies. Please mention any home treatment if possible.

Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 17 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Sudden onset of red spots is suggestive of an allergy. For this, you can apply calamine lotion on affected area and can use anti-histaminic drug called Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily for 3 days. Sometimes prickly heat can also cause similar symptoms and will be relieved with calamine lotion.
Keep your skin clean and dry with regular wash and wear cotton clothes at least for few days till spots clear up
If spots still persist, then you need to consult dermatologist to find out cause for spots.
In case if you have started new medicine, stop it and watch for size and severity of spots.
In order to help you better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a. Have you taken any new medicine or have you changed cosmetics like soap/powder?
b. Has your skin become excessively dry?
Awaiting your reply
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Follow-up: Having small red spots all over body. Suggest some home treatment 13 minutes later

I have not changed any cosmetic/medicine and my skin is also not dry.
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 5 hours later

Thanks for reply.
I would still recommend you to use calamine lotion and tablet cetrizine for 3 days.
The sudden onset of spots still points towards allergic origin.

Even if spots persists after medicines/if severity increases, consult dermatologist to rule out other causes like erythema multiforme.

Hydrate yourself properly, drink lots of fluids. Wear cotton cloths for few days.
I hope I have cleared the doubt. Revert back in case of any other doubt.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.