Having small raised cluster below waist and above public hair. No pain or itching. What is it?

I have what look like hives, small raised cluster below my waist and above my public hair. nothing on my genitals. there is no pain or itching and no pustuals. it has been nearly a year since I had sex and that was unportected.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 18 minutes later

Thanks for your query

I have seen the attached image, and it looks like you have developed venereal warts. These kinds of lesions can appear even months to years after any kind of exposure to an infected person.

These lesions are usually asymptomatic and skin colored and there is no associated pain or itching. These is dry lesions with no associated discharge. Now since there are 3-4 of them as can be seen in the picture, I would recommend that you take treatment for the same as early as possible as these kind of lesions are contagious. These can spread and the number of lesions can increase if treatment is not taken on time.

Regarding the treatment options available, mostly removal or destruction of the lesions is the preferred modality of treatment which can be done with a chemical, radiofrequency or with laser therapy.
I would suggest that you should visit a dermatologist/ general physician and get yourself investigated for some essential tests in order to rule out other sexually transmitted diseases and also for treatment of these viral warts. In the mean time, you should use adequate contraception.

If there is any other query, please let me know

Dr Geetika Paul