Ask a Urologist   »  

Having small penis. Not getting proper erection. What to do?

hi. i am male age 25...i have some doubt related to my penis..i think its small n having foreskin...whn i ws home all used to laugh at it so it created shyness for me..some other activities which used 2 made me will be helpfull if i cud chat wid u...hope i'l get solution.
Posted Tue, 24 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jyoti Patil 6 hours later

Normal average size of penis when flaccid is 3.5 - 3.9 inches and when erect is 5.1 inches. It varies from male to male.

Size of penis does not affect if you get proper erection and if there is no problem in performing sexual activity. You need not to feel shy for the small penis size.

You have not provided any information regarding your sexual status and you have not mentioned in detail about those some other activities that makes you feel shy.

It needs physical examination to comment about any structural problem related to penis. I would suggest you XXXXXXX an Urologist for the examination so that exact problem can be figured out.

I am sorry; currently I am not available for chat. However, you can contact me by posting queries.

Please revert with detailed history, so that I can help you better.

Follow-up: Having small penis. Not getting proper erection. What to do? 9 hours later
thank you mam for your sexual status is that so far i have never done sex and i am not age is 25.i used to feel shy when i was student as at the time of bath or dress change in home...the female members used to laugh including mom.i do not know the used to make me feeling very happedden even upto class 10.specially at bath seeing used to start laughing at der any reason so that women even mom laughes?that is why it created doubt.
Answered by Dr. Jyoti Patil 4 hours later
Hello again.

Thanks for answering my questions.

I think it just your psychological complex which is bothering you. No mother will laugh at son's problem including penis structural problems. Instead she would take you doctor to treat it if it really exists.

I think you have misinterpreted your family member's laugh. If you have normal erection, there is nothing to worry. Still if you want to confirm, you can consult a physician for detailed physical evaluation. That will help you to solve your confusions.

I hope this helps to solve your query. I wish you a healthy life.