Having slight discomfort in testicle and groin area. How to get relief?

Question
Hello I have had a slight discomfort in my right testicle, above, and groin area for a couple weeks. It seems to have started after my 5 pound dog stepped on my testical when I was laying in bed.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The discomfort that you are experiencing could be due to the trauma ( due to your dog stepping on) or it could be due to other reasons as well ( which include infections, hernia, tumours etc). In order for me to help you better, please answer the following questions:
a. Do you have any burning during urination? Do you have to visit the bathroom frequently?
b.Do you have any fever?
c.Do you have any swelling in the testicles?
d.Does the pain increase on touching?
e. Do you have any kind of discharge?
Awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Having slight discomfort in testicle and groin area. How to get relief? 7 hours later
Thanks for your response
A. No burning, Urinate maybe 5 times a day, defecate 3-4 times a day, have done this my whole life.

B.no fever
C.no swelling
D. Very slightly discomfort or annoyance when touch, but not always
E. no discharge.

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
I think the discomfort was caused by trauma and we're not looking at any infection or something more sinister here. It should heal on its own. You would definitely get relief with analgesics like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet which you can take as and when required ( upto 4 tablets daily) with food.
If the discomfort persists after 2 weeks, please see a physician. An examination and an ultrasound of the testicles may be in order.
hope that helps. Let me know if I can help with any more questions.
If not, please close this discussion.

Follow-up: Having slight discomfort in testicle and groin area. How to get relief? 6 minutes later
My wife thinks my right testicle may be a little larger than normal, also when I use my finger and push between my hip and testicle it seems tender.

Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 12 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
If there is some amount of swelling and tenderness, then I think it would be prudent to see a physician right now. We would not want to miss a hematoma ( collection of blood). I think we would need an ultrasound of the testicles depending on the physician's assessment.
Hope that helps
regards