Having slight bleeding and swollen labia after vigorous intercourse. Should I be worried?

I ahave been having slight bleeding and now labial swelling after vigorous intercourse. I am 62, we were starting slow, (new at this again, sort of, and think we got too vigorous This was Friday afternoon, I was not drinking or anything, I didn't get enough sleep and was up at 5:00 a.m. to go out, then went to gocery store on disabled van at 11:30, but back pain and shakiness (probably faitgue and anxiety, had to sit down, felt panicky and got ride home.) I'm talking about symptoms on Saturday and still sore
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 13 days later
Brief Answer: local estrogen cream Premarin is advisable Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX At your age the mucosal lining of the vagina is very fragile due to senile atrophy, resuming sexual activity after long quiescence put you at more risk of local abrasions and bruises especially when you have participated in vigorous buffeting. Ideally you should have used local estrogen gel application for few weeks to strengthen the vaginal mucosa by hormonal support. But for your current problem if there is no bleeding, no discharge and no fever then you just wait 4-5 days for the swelling and pain to come down. However I would urge you to consult a gynecologist if any of the aforementioned symptoms are associated. Use of estrogen cream can be started right now, it will hasten the rate of recovery also. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards