Having sleeplessness. BP reads 140/90. Should I see a doctor?

I have been having sleeplessness for the past 4 days. On getting a BP check done , the count has come to 140/90.
What do you advise going forward? Should I consult a physicial immediately or wait for the next 2 days to get a fresh reading. I do not have any history of BP in the past.
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 50 minutes later
welcome to health care magic.
B.P. Of 140/90 is called as pre hypertension range .
If you are previously not hypertensive and not using any medication, you need not worry.
But you have to check your B.P regularly alternate day at various timings for one week , if it shows any 2 readings of more than 140/90 you have to consult physician.
Mean while you should change the life style that is , avoid smoking, reduce salt intake, regular exercise, and stress management.
This methods are enough for prehypertension group, no need for medication.
thank you .