Having sleeping difficulty, hot flashes. Getting urge to urinate, tingling sensation on vagina. Menopause?

May 2013
Hi, I have been having difficulty sleeping. I wake up every 2 hours and have to pee and now I have this weird tingling sensation that goes from my vagina to my feet until I pee. I am turning 50 and I have been having hot flashes also. I hope these are signs of menopause.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later

Yes, hot flashes, difficulty in sleeping etc. symptoms can be seen during peri-menopausal age group.
Usually these symptoms occur due to hormonal imbalance. They may possibly subside after few years.
You once consult gynecologist, get examined, check for blood sugar and blood pressure.
After that if you want you can go for Take care.
Follow-up: Having sleeping difficulty, hot flashes. Getting urge to urinate, tingling sensation on vagina. Menopause? 29 minutes later
Is the tingling sensation from the vagina to the feet part of the hormonal imbalance also?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later

During peri-menopausal phase due to decreased hormonal levels urethral and vaginal mucosa can become dry. And also urinary tract infections are common in this phase.
So you may be getting the tingling sensation due to any of these. You once get examined and go for urine microscopy. That can possibly find out the cause for your problem.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.