Having skin darkening problem. Suggest cream for daily use and night cream

Dec 2013

Hello Doctor. Good morning. I have aproblem of skin darkening. My complete face has turned very dark, and the skin colour of my face can be easily distinguished from the neck's skin colour ( though the neck has turned dark, but not as much as face.) I am using a sunscreen daily, but it makes my skin oily and appear more dark. sometimes due to oiliness, pimples appear on my face making it more patchy due to pimple marks. My face has become so dark that in all my photos my face skin appears so different from my body's skin colour that it appears someone else's head is placed on my neck! Even if I use a bleach, sometimes the results are good and sometimes it makes my skin more dark. Can you please suggest some cream for daily use and night cream which will bring back my face's original complexion.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kinldy send the relevant details Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for the skin darkening of the face. It is really distressing for any female to get dark areas especially on face. Before I suggest you the best, can you please elaborate some of the facts which will help us better in guiding yourself: - your age - Martial status - Since how long the problem present ( some weeks or months or years). - It started gradually or suddenly - It started as isolated patches or as generalized darkening of the face. - Your job profile and hours of exposure to computers or sun light. -It would be better if you can upload a good resolution picture of the face. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia. Hope to hear soon from your side to help and guide you best. With best health wishes, Dr Sanjay MD Dermatology