Having skin colored growth under eye which is getting bigger. Any suggestions?

Feb 2013

My son is 20 months old and has a skin colored growth under his eye which appeared aprox 1 year ago. Some days it looks larger than others. I was wondering what it is. I took him to the pediatrician and I was told that it might be molluscum, although this is the only lesion he has, and we should just watch it. It gets bigger and I'm afraid will affect his seight.
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Watch the growth. Be in follow up.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I went through the picture attached along with this query. The picture is not clear but I am assuming there is a small skin colored papule just below the medial eye angle near to nose.

As the pediatrician examined and told it might be a lesion of molluscm, just wait and watch for increase in the size.

Molluscum lesions will present with skin colored growths with an umblicated center part and there will be a cheesy material present.

These lesions may resolve spontaneously mostly within 2 years and new lesions may appear because of spread to other parts because of scratching.

The treatment recommendation is simply waiting for the lesions to resolve spontaneously.

Usually there will be no harm to his sight unless it is enlarging so fast to obstruct his vision. In such instances it has to be removed by surgical or medical intervention.

Therefore I suggest you to observe the growth carefully as per the suggestion of the pediatrician and consult the doctor if there is any increase in size, discomfort or pain to the child, or the lesion extending into surrounding tissue.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.