Having signs of HIV. What are the treatment available?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Sir I have hiv signs n I have two kids one of them is 2 n half year n one is I months old I never had any idea that I could have hiv could you please send me a cure of that n specially for my kids as I read a news about cure has been discovered for new born n I M in islamabad right now n sugest me wht I have to do for the sake of my family I M very much worried about my health n my family. Sir I am wIting for your kind reply and uldate me as soon as possible. Thanks n best regards

Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 44 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You have not mentioned anything about your sexual activity, Whether you have any high risk activity or repeated blood transfusion or intravenous drug usage?
Whether you have ever had a blood check up for HIV? What was the result?

You had mentioned that you are having signs of HIV. What type of sign you have? Whether your wife had tested for HIV?
If your wife is negative for HIV your children are unlikely to have HIV.

Yes, you are correct. In USA a child had been declared that it had been cured. But it is not accepted widely and the debate is going on.
In that case as the mother was not taken any treatment for HIV during her antenatal period, the baby was tested for HIV as early as 29 hours after birth and ART started on 30 th hour on wards.
But we don't have facility in our normal set up to test so early within a day or two. We can have conclusive results only after 2-3 weeks. If we were able to start the ART as early as possible within 24-48 hours we will be able to cure the disease completely a sit can not establish the infection in reservoir sites other than white blood corpuscle of blood.

But your fear about HIV for your children is baseless as you have not explained the above questions.
Kindly send more details about the same. I will be able to tell more.
Any way you need not to fear at all.