Having shoulder pain radiating to upper arm and fingers. Nerve test normal. Physical therapy works? Suggestions?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was playing a game when my shoulder pain started. It was the bowling game using a control which was a repetitive motion. The pain began around left shoulder blade. Now is affecting upper right arm and radiating into middle finger. Occasionally I have a pins and needle sensation in my hand.
Worse towards a end of day. Pain in finger subsides while sleeping and is better in morning. Have had left side mouth pain with slight swelling also on left side. Not taking meds for it since April. Had nerve test today seems normal. Going to start physical therapy,have my doubts that it wii work. Any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

I am Dr Vaibhav Gandhi, I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist
I have studied your case.

You are probably injured due to your sports activity. According to your history it seems rotator cuff injury( Shoulder Muscle Injury).

You need MRI of shoulder to see tissue injured. There can be neck injury associated leading to radicular pain in your arm and hand.

Yes, Physiotherapy – SWD (Short Wave Diathermy), IFT (Interference Therapy). and ULTRASONIC therapy will help you along with shoulder exercises.

Here are my suggestions to you:
Avoid lifting weights
Continue spine exercises and shoulder shrugging exercises