Having shoulder pain in the morning. Had a C-Section. Tried physiotherapy. What could be the reason?

I have one 4 year old daughter. I had a C-Section during childbirth.
I am having shoulder pain (mainly left side), specially after getting up from from bed early morning.
The pain also happens when I take physical/mental stress.
This has been there for couple of years now. I have consulted a Physio and a homeopathic doctor.
Physio suggested some sessions for massage/exercise, but it did not help much.
Homoepathic medicine taken for a couple of months, helped in relieving pain to some extent.
I would like to consult a Physio again and check.
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 17 hours later

I understand your concern. However I am unable to relate this pain to any serious organic medical problem. Perhaps a detailed clinical examination can provide us clues to understand the cause of problem.

I read that you have consulted couple of specialist. But I would definitely recommend a detailed examination from an orthopedician. He/she can examine the shoulder and may recommend X-rays/blood test to identify the cause. Physiotherapy can be targeted for better results based on the suggestions of a competent orthopedic surgeon.

In brief I think you should plan the physiotherapy sessions (if needed) after consulting an orthopedician

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.