Having shoulder pain during workout. How to get relief?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
when i do workout for collar in the gym. my shoulders starts to pain.

never met with an accident or anything. just started to happen all of the sudden
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 11 hours later

Thanks for writing in,

I would like to get further details regarding your symptoms,
1. Since how long are you suffering from this pain? Where exactly is the site of pain in your shoulder(s)?
2. Both shoulders ache or just one - which side?
3. Does the pain recurs in any particular movement of your shoulder(s)?
4. Is there any associated neck pain?
5. Are you able to lift heavy objects in your hand (affected side)?
6. How does the pain gets relieved?
7. What is the severity?

Waiting for your reply
Follow-up: Having shoulder pain during workout. How to get relief? 11 hours later
well the pain just started a couple of week ago. its just one shoulder the left side. well no pain during the movement. just when i try to lift the weight and while leaving it down removing my collar muscle out a pain starts were the collar muscle ends. no pain in neck. yes i can lift heavy weights with with the affected side. after a day it just stops to pain. is because while i sleep i keep my head over the left arm. like i sleep with the left side of the body touched to the bed and the arm below the cushion just to make it comfortable. i have stopped sleeping that way and the pain has stopped but while working out it happens again.
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 20 hours later
Thanks for replying.

Seems you are suffering from Acromio-clavicular arthrosis. Few other conditions which mimic are Supraspinatus tendinitis / Impingement syndrome. To rule-out these conditions we need to examine your shoulder clinically. So i would just you to consult your doctor and get examined clinically. He might also order for an Xray of your shoulder to confirm the diagnosis.

Till that time, you can take pain killers - NSAID's SOS if pain is not tolerable. Avoid lifting weights, avoid doing overhead activities, avoid lying on same side.

Get well soon.
Follow-up: Having shoulder pain during workout. How to get relief? 9 hours later
hey thanks for the suggestion. will surely in an appointment fixed up. appreciate it. enjoy ur weekend
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 3 hours later
Wish you a good health.