Having shoulder pain. diagnosed tear in shoulder bone. Given efatran. Having pain in back. Are both related?

Hi, I am having shoulder pain since 6 weeks, I consulted ortho in Hosmat, I was diagnosed (wear and tear in the shoulder bone). I was given efatran and a gel for week and ask to come back if not resolved and suppose to get injection. I am still feeling pain in the shoulder late in the office hours and I am scared to get injection and feel was wrongly daignosed. I had lower back pain since 2 years and I was under physiotheraphy, do 3 KM walk daily in the morning and feeling better from back pain but I am worried about shoulder pain. Is the shoulder pain is related to my back pain? Kindly suugest what should I do?
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can be related.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem there are some conditions in which back pain and shoulder pain are related like seronegative spondyloarthropathy but in your condition it doesnt seem the case .

As the treatment you have been taking it seems you had frozen shoulder for which you have been recommended injection also . I dont think you should be anyways afraid of taking the injection . It is a very simple procedure with predominantly no complications . It is done on day care basis and hardly tak e10 minutes for whole procedure. If the shoulder pain is bothering you go for the injection it will bring relief .

I will also recommend you to get your vitamin D , Calcium levels , RBS tested to rule out any coexisting metabolic condition.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Having shoulder pain. diagnosed tear in shoulder bone. Given efatran. Having pain in back. Are both related? 12 hours later

Thanks for the quick response, I am not scare of injection, my only worry is that the treatment and diagnostised is correct, It shouldn't not happen that I end up taking injection without reason and my shoulder is not fruzzen as I am getting pain only during doing push ups, other excercies and while playing batminton. I was recommend by doctor to aviod all the excerise till my shuolder is OK, it is almost 10 days I see no change even with no excercise, I am more worried about my shoulder muscle, it should go weak without excersie. Do you recommend me to take second opinion.

The think which more bothering me is, healing with medication without physiotherapy, is it possible to get heal with physiotherapy?

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can go for it.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thanks for reverting back .

It can be exercise related injury . You will probabaly require a course of antiinflammatory drugs .

You can take a second opinion on this. Get a USG shoulder done for exact diagnosis as the treatment strategy depends upon diagnosis .

Regarding physiotherapy I would able to guide after the diagnosis is made.

Dr. Shruti