Having shortness of breath, sinus tach and pressure in chest. EKG showed equivocal scar. What to do?

I have been having shortness of breath, sinus tach, clamminess, chest pressure upon exertion. I had echo today. My PCP says I have equivacol scar on two ekg's he did. However, the E.R. says my ekg is normal except for the sinus tach
Posted Tue, 4 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 34 minutes later

Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The ER staff may be right - they are better trained in such issues than primary care Physician, who has rather too large areas of interest to focus.

A scar by itself could not account for the symptoms. There are quite a few underlying illness and they will now be investigating them to diagnose and treat the present problem. .

A simpler way to confirm scar will be to look at the old ECG! And compare.
A better way to look at the scar will be ECHOcardiogram (wall thickness and motion).
In problem cases, (radio-)isotope scintigraphy can clear the doubt. During your regular follow up with your cardiologist/Internist, the problem can be sorted out.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck