Having shock like pain in breast, arm and fingers. How to get rid of this problem?

Nov 2013

I have shock like pain from my r. breast and it goes down my r. arm and fingers . I had an MRI of my neck (I have MS) neuro said there were no new lesions in my C spine and that was the end of it. I know I have ulnar nerve problems but this is different. It has been going on for anout 8 months and sometimes it stops for a while and now it's back again. It mostly happens when I move my r. arm. I had rotator cuff repair 10 yrs. ago on that side.
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 36 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure that it is very unlikley for you to get a relapse of multiple sclerosis now (as it is uncommon after 60); moreover, the MRI of cervical spine has not shown any new lesions.

The most likley cause can be cervical radiculopathy, where a neck nerve gets impinged by a disc or thickened ligament, resulting in pain, and occasionally tingling and numbness.

For symptom relief, you may take pregabalin capsules. In addition, physiotherapy (including neck & shoulder exercises) would also be useful.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad