Having shivering, nausea and loss of appetite. Prescribed clonotril and Etirest. What should I do?

Hello. My name is XXXXXX. Age 39. I am having shivering on and near the lips whenevr I am with people over the last two years and now from last three months its happening sometimes when I am alone as well. I got myself checked from neurologist who prescribed clonotril and Etirest and told me that its because of deficiency of Vit D & B6. I took the medicine for eight months with no effect. Now I got myself checked from a psychiatrist who gave me pexep 12.5 mg first. When he incresed the dosage to 25 mg per day my body was not able to take it and I had severe nausea, loss of appetite and diarr.
Now he has given me Etizola Plus. I have been taking it for 14 days now but it also is not able to solve the problem. What should I do to get rid of my trembling lips. Pls help.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 3 hours later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Lip tremor can be very distressing.
There are different possible causes such as: (1)stress , anxiety or fatigue
(2) lack of some electrolytes like potassium
(3) excess emotion- in this case distraction would help
(4)excess use of stimulants such as caffeine, tea, soft drinks
(5) low levels of a hormone called parathyroid hormone - this causes low calcium and high phosphorus level
(6)damage to a nerve in the face called to facial nerve , this may sometimes occur due to compression of the nerve by a mass
(7) in some persons no cause can be found

Treatment involves different things: (1) investigations to determine if there is a lack of potassium , parathyroid hormone or if a mass is affecting the nerve

(2) eating a balanced diet to ensure enough quantities of potassium-this is found in bananas, watermelon

(3) ensuring enough rest and relaxation

(4) consider learning relaxation techniques ( breathing exercises and progressive muscle relaxation) and yoga

(5) decrease the use of stimulants such as caffeine, tea, some sodas,alcohol

(6) some medications such as carbamezepine and low dose benzodiazepines ( for example lorazepam, valium) may be helpful. In some persons baclofen which reduces muscle spasm may help.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions