Having shivering in hand. Which specialist should I consult?

my mom has a shivering in his right hand for close to 4 years and its increasing can u guide me any specialist doctor i can consult at kolkata
I mean she shivers a lot maximum with right hand my email is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 7 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic. Thanks for posting your query.
Your mom has right upper limb shivering for ~4 years.
This tremor could be essntial tremor or beginning of parkinsons disease.
You need to consult a neurologist.
If you need any more help please give a detailed history
When it shivers more sittling idle or working?
Is it also involving lower limbs?
Is she also slow in her daily tasks? How's her speech?

Best wishes,
Dr. Neeraj Baheti

Follow-up: Having shivering in hand. Which specialist should I consult? 15 hours later
It tremors more while working or when angry and also when she is anxious as for lower limbs are concerned she does not have consistent balance yes she is slow in her daily task she cannot eat properly and she cannot make her hairs . Her speech also have a tremoring effect.
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 10 hours later
From the details you have given it looks more lime essential tremor except for slowness in activities.
Please consult a neurologist locally. He will sort the things for you and don't worry essential tremor will improve with medications.

Best Wishes,
Follow-up: Having shivering in hand. Which specialist should I consult? 14 hours later
Can u guide me with the best neuro consultant of india
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 9 hours later
Hello pintu,
Just show neurologist in vicinity. He/She will sort the issues foe you. should you encounter some issues or you are not satisfied, i will definitely help you out.
But don't worry her problem is not that big and we encounter these cases in day to day. So your neurologist will definitely help you in best way.

Best wishes,