Having sharp throat and chest pain, feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Medical test showed panic attack

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I'm having super sharp pain in my throat / chest area. Like when something feels like it gets stuck in your throat, but lower and more in the chest also. It happened 2 days ago also. often I have chest pains on the left that sometimes goes into my shoulder. several months ago I was taken to the emergency room because I had chest pains,was short of breath, started getting dizzy and light headed, and was shaky and cold. They did a bunch of tests and said I had a panic attack and it wasn't a heart problem, everything was fine. I'm not a very panicky or anxious person. what else could this all be from. Sometimes when I cough I feel flush and tingly, and pretty much am always clearing my throat or coughing from drainage. I'm 34 have smoked since I was 10 but have all but quit for awhile. when I was younger I got shot and so there is lung and heart, along with other organ scar tissue. I'm sorry if I wrote too much. I can't afford to go to the doctor and wouldn't know where to start with what if I did. Thank you very much for your time.
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 17 minutes later
Well, first thing to rule out is heart disease,it goes with these symptoms and if your ECG, echo and lab tests were fine then other cause must be considered. First of these is esophageal disorder which can be evaluated by gastroscopy. Smoking,stress, bad food and alcohol can cause variety of such disorders, GERD, gastritis, Barrets esophagus, hiatal hernia. Panic attack can cause similar symptoms, but it sounds more serious to me.
The third thing is respiratory disorder. Most often are emphysema and COPD.
I didnt get this about shot? what was it exactly?
If your problems persist I definitely recommend to visit doctor because you are to young for such symptoms and it must be evaluated.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help