Having sharp pains in fingers, legs and hips with breathing. Told to have RA and Lupus

I am having sharp pains in my fingers and in my legs and hips when i exhale or inhale i have pains in my fingers. I cannot sleep long periods of time at night my hand go to sleep and i cannot bend my fingers and it is very hard to get out of the bed in the mornings. I have been told i have r/a and lupus.
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query.

I am so sorry to hear about all these troubling illnesses. i hope we get to figure out the problem and get a long lasting solution to it.

From your symptoms, they are very suggestive of a chronic inflammatory condition of the joints. This points more towards severe rheumatoid arthritis as rightly diagnosed before by your doctors.

I am concerned at this point that this condition is not well controlled. This explains why you are having symptoms which probably correspond to aggravation of this condition.. Meeting with a rheumatologist for a detailed examination, laboratory and radiological investigations as well as reviewing and making smart decisions to relief you of these symptoms is very important. If this condition is not addressed, there would be a rapid deterioration of health with far more reaching consequences. Please, XXXXXXX and get the updated care that you need. Are you on any drugs? If yes, then we need to move further up the ladder to get ore powerful ones.

I hope this addresses your query fully.If there are any more questions related to this, please I am ready and happy to address them.
I wish you well and hope this condition gets controlled soonest.
Chobufo, MD.